Re: internal soft second and/or down payment assistance legalstructure??
From: David Entin (davidentincomcast.net)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:05:30 -0800 (PST)
Hi Kristen,
   How's it going?
Rocky Hill Cohousing established an Affordability Fund administered by a three-member Affordability committee. Members voluntarily contributed, I seem to recall, around $17,000 and the membership voted $5,000 from our common development budget. We then took applications and made loans to three households to help them afford purchase of their units. They signed agreements with the cohousing association pledging to pay back the loan, without interest, I believe, no later than at point of sale of unit. Hope that's helpful. I know the amounts are not large and housing in Boston is probably considerably more expensive as well.
David
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kristen Simmons" <simmonskristen [at] gmail.com>