Re: When did members join your group?
From: Kristen Simmons (simmonskristengmail.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:02:22 -0800 (PST)
Tom,
Thanks for the mention. Stony Brook Cohousing is currently looking for land
in the Boston neighborhood of Jamaica Plain (JP). JP is about 4 miles from
downtown, which is accessible via T, bus, and bike path, in addition to
car. Commercial land prices are beginning to fall, so we are glad to be at
this point now. While I understand that the current economy might affect how
many members we get and when, I'm trying to get specifics from other
communities.

Here's my original email:

I'm trying to research WHEN members join groups. I've heard anecdotal
stories about big bumps in membership after major milestones such as land
acquisition, permitting, and start of construction. Doe anyone have any hard
data for their community?

I'm most interested in these benchmarks:
Got site control- ________ members
Five months after site control, after completing programming - ______
members
Start of construction drawings- ________ members
Project permitted - ________ members
Start of construction - _________ members

How many units did you plan to have at the very beginning?
How many were actually designed and built?

Thank you!

Kristen
(from Boston, where it's a good time to acquire land!)

A reminder of an earlier request, and since housing especially is so
different geographically:

Could everyone please tell us in your post where you are located?
Thanks.

Tom Hammer