Re: Laundry
From: Douglas G. Larson (ddhleearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 06:17:19 -0800 (PST)

We have a community laundry but we do not charge anything for its use. The
machines we purchased are commercial grade and what's known as stackables,
i.e. the dryer is stacked on top of the washer for space savings.

The brand we chose, Speed Queen, are coin operated and can be programmed to
accept different number of quarters. But we leave a key to the coin drawer
readily accessible in the laundry room so people just fetch a quarter out of
the drawer making the machines free for users.

We do have a meter on the total water use of the common house where the
laundry room is located but we have never chosen to use that information for
any purpose.

Douglas G. Larson,
Songaia Cohousing