Re: Laundry
From: Denise Meier (neesiesonic.net)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:48:14 -0800 (PST)
We charge $1 for a load of laundry and $0.25 to dry. That's been the same since we moved in in 1999. There's a formula by which we allocate the money to utilities and towards a maintenance fund, for repairs and replacement of machines. Someone came up with it (don't remember who) and we haven't adjusted it.

We did buy solar panels as well, but we borrowed the money for those from our reserves, so until they are paid off (we have another 7 years at $100 / month) the price of laundry will not go down.

Maintenance gets $0.25 per wash and $0.10 per dry
Water gets $0.50 per wash
Gas/Electric gets $0.25 per wash and $0.15 per dry

The laundry facilities are used by about 1/3 of our households.

Denise Meier
Two Acre Wood
Sebastopol, California