Re: Young Adult Cohousers
From: Kristin Wells (cbuilderddgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:58:23 -0800 (PST)
I am a twenty-something and though i'm not living in community yet, we will be
this fall. I'm one of the founders of Daybreak Cohousing in portland, OR -
which we started when my husband and i were 24. I do think we're unique for our
age though, and as a result, most of our friends are older than we are. I wish
we could entice more younger people to join, but i think most people our age
are  so focused on their career or exploring the world, the thought of
committing to cohousing might be a bit daunting. Or it might feel too permanent
for that stage of their lives.

As a result, i wonder if younger renters don't engage as much typically because
they don't have a peer group? I personally love the intergenerational aspects
and socializing with people of all ages.

Cohousing is a wonderful concept and i do think it is growing - both in numbers
as well as varieties. This may open up some opportunities for the 20 somethings
to engage more.

-just a few more thoughts on this topic...