house for sale in Roberts Creek
From: Alison Etter (alison.s.ettergmail.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:55:48 -0800 (PST)
We have a wonderful opportunity for anyone looking for cohousing in a
perfect rural location:  Roberts Creek, British Columbia, Canada.  We are a
stone's throw away from the ocean and a fabulous beach, and right next to a
magical creek.  The unit for sale is 3-bedroom, and backs onto the
aformentioned creek.  The owners have split up and moved out, and so are
looking to sell as soon as possible.  They are asking $420,000 (Canadian
dollars) but some think that may be unrealistic in today's financial
climate.  Likely it will end up going for less.

There is an elementary school near-by and a health food store, a general
store, and other local businesses, including a wood-working school.  Nearby
Dakota Ridge, a cross-country ski area, is in development and has 13 km
(approx) of groomed trails.  (The plan is to keep expanding).  Tetrahedron
Park has 4 cabins in a pristine back-country wilderness.  Kayaking is
practically outside your door.

Roberts Creek Cohousing is a 31-unit single dwelling development (except for
2 1-bedroom duplexes), with approximately 50 adults and 20ish children.  We
have communtiy meals 2 or 3 times a week, and lots of creative interchange.
We have a large common house with kitchen, dining room, lounge, childrens'
room, guest suite and mutli-purpose room, as well as 2 portables - one a
community woodshop and the other an exercise/craft/teen area.

The listing is currently with a realtor who knows little about
cohousing.  The community, of course, is looking for someone interested in
developing community with us.  If you or someone you know is interested in
joining us for this 'adventure of a life-time' please contact me
alison.s.etter [at] gmail.com or garykent [at] telus.net

 Alison Etter
Roberts Creek Cohousing Community
British Columbia, Canada

--
Life is simple, its just not easy.  ~Author Unknown