Second issue of Cohousing Now!
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:38:28 -0800 (PST)
In case you missed it, you can find the website version of issue #2 right here:

http://www.cohousing.org/now

I'm afraid that the Coho/US team is still having problems with the
stability of the server hosting our emailing system and website. The
second issue of Cohousing Now! was recently sent out and I heard that
some received multiple copies... and I've not received a copy at all -
very frusrating and I apologize if you are among either group.

I would particularly appreciate hearing about any problems with format
that you may have.

After the problems with issue #1, we simplified it further to reduce
the risk of graphic problems.

My intent, as acting editor, is to minimize the process and cost of
packaging up and delivering each issue - I want this as simple as
possible, lowering our cost per issue. Someday, I hope it will just be
a button press or two. I'm focusing our limited energy on finding and
and sharing useful Cohousing content - so we are no longer paying for
graphic design, stock photography, layout, etc.

I think that Coho-L is proof that its not the format and look-and-feel
that we need, but useful information in a timely manner.

FYI: the website version will almost always be more up-to-date than
what we send out via email. Today, for example, both the In-the-News
and the Just-for-Fun were updated and have new items...

In-the-News has an article that was published in today's issue of The
Olympian on Woodard Lane Cohousing's ground breaking as the lead item.
This newspaper did something interesting... they took the AP article
and blended it with a local Cohousing Event. Those cohousing groups
seeking press coverage can learn from this - take what you're doing to
get attention and try to hook it to a widely distributed story - its
not too late for this, but will be in a week or so.

Just-for-Fun now leads with a piece called "Come to the Cabaret?" -
I'll leave it to those interested to check it out from the Cohousing
Now! page - or if you wait until the next email issue, it will be one
of the three Just-for-Fun items...

In Community,
(with more useful coho-info)

Craig Ragland
Executive Director
Cohousing Association of the United States (Coho/US)
425-487-3550
http://www.cohousing.org
craig [at] cohousing.org

Please consider a gift in support of Coho/US. Click here:
http://www.cohousing.org/contribute