Re: House burglary in cohousing?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 16:02:10 -0800 (PST)
Yes. It's happened here at Takoma Village more than once. We are an urban community w/ all the attendant pluses and minuses. One of the minuses is theft.

One resident left her door unlocked and the burglar stole her wallet. But more recently, a neighbor left his downstairs window open while he was away for three days. When he got home his brand new computer and some other stuff was gone. What's really amazing about this is that the burglar must have been watching our premises to know when someone was actually gone.

I think people roam through our community late at night on a regular basis. Witness all the missing things that are not locked down. And, sometimes, even when they ARE locked down. Like bicycles locked to a bicycle stand but gone in the morning.

This is part n' parcel of living in the city. I just don't think "our" thieves actually read the newspaper. I could be wrong ...

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village
Washington, DC