Re: Urban Affordable Cooperative Cohousing Developments
From: Mabel Liang (mabeltwomeeps.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:21:53 -0800 (PST)
Jennifer,

I don't know how urban you think Amherst is.  When we were first looking
into cohousing we visited Pomeroy Lane Cooperative, a 25 unit limited
equity, mixed income cooperative in Amherst with 4 units set aside for
persons with cognitive disabilities.  It's not cohousing, but it has some
common facilities.  You can find them via Google.

The cohousing developments in Cambridge (Cornerstone Village and Cambridge
Cohousing) and Boston (Jamaica Plain Cohousing) have affordable units, but
they are not cooperatives.

-- Mabel :-)

Mabel Liang
mabel [at] twomeeps.com