(no subject)
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:18:33 -0800 (PST)

Hello Jennifer,

Jamaica Plain Cohousing has three units that are affordable in the formal-program sense as well as an affordability fund that has assisted five other households to buy market-rate units. Jamaica Plain itself is a neighborhood of Boston and definitely is urban.

JP Cohousing, Cornerstone Village, and Cambridge Cohousing comprise the urban-area Boston cohousing communities. As you can see, a majority of households in our communities have bought market-rate households with no assistance, but a significant minority either have a formal-affordable unit or have had community assistance in buying a market-rate unit (probably some of the unassisted households have obtained informal assistance from family or friends).

Regards,
David Heimann
JP Cohousing