Re: Spring cohousing promotion
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:55:16 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:07 AM, Francoise Paradis <feparadis48 [at]
yahoo.com>wrote:

We are finding a lot of interest here in Southern Maine, but a lot of
hesitancy to buy in at this time.

This has been a theme of a number of emails, calls, and general conversation
around Coho/US volunteers and staff.. There appear to be more "looky-loos"
than ever before.

The most vulnerable are those communities unable to sell built homes.
Somebody must carry the costs of these unsold homes - and the "somebodies"
most often include the other community members.

A core function of the association is to help communities that need new
members and buyers - at all stages of a community's life cycle. Today, our
main online method is through our Free Directory and paid Classified Ads.
We'll soon be releasing another vehicle to make some communities VERY
VISIBLE. This new feature will start out Free while we test it to see
whether its as good an idea as it seems before launch.

I'll let you know when it launches.

Craig Ragland
Executive Director
Cohousing Association of the United States (Coho/US)
425-487-3550
http://www.cohousing.org
craig [at] cohousing.org

Please consider a gift in support of Coho/US. Click here:
http://www.cohousing.org/contribute