Re: Equity Membership Agreement?
From: Richard L Kohlhaas (rlkohlearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 19:57:25 -0800 (PST)
Perhaps the most common way used is that all money invested in the purchase
fund would apply to each member's unit purchase upon closing.  All families
(under a condominium setup) would have an equal share of common areas in
addition to their own unit.

Date sent:      Sat, 14 Feb 2009 09:30:33 -0700 (MST)
From:   balaji [at] ouraynet.com

> Dear All,
>
> As we near putting an offer on our land, we realize that our contributions
> to the purchase fund will vary considerably between families.  Our equity
> membership agreement -- still on the drawing board -- surely must reflect
> this fact.  May I ask:  have any of you devised equity membership
> agreements based on proportional financial contribution?  If so, could you
> show me?  Any advice most appreciated!
>
> Charles W. Nuckolls
> Utah Valley Commons
> www.utahvalleycommons.com
Dick Kohlhaas <rlkohl [at] earthlink.net>
(719)633-8170
Colorado Springs (Colorado) Cohousing Community (Casa Verde Commons)
Completed March 2003. 34 units on 4 acres 1.5 mi from downtown. We have a
few resales available.   Visit us at http://www.casaverde.us)