Coffee and snacks in the CH
From: Mike Mariano (mikeschemataworkshop.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:29:14 -0800 (PST)

Regarding Common House activities, Grace & I were impressed by the
"afternoon tea" at Stavnsbaandet in Denmark.  Some residents worked from
home during the day, others were teachers that came home with the
students and at about 3pm in the afternoon 8-10 adult and child
residents would gather at a table in the CH to share fresh-baked bread,
tea & juice.  The children looked forward to the bread, and had a chance
to share their day with adults, and made for a nice transition into the
evening as that day's cooks started preparing dinner.

Mike

michael mariano aia
architect & co-founder
www.schemataworkshop.com

Where our studio just took a Sunday construction tour along with the
future residents of the Daybreak Cohousing Community in Portland,
Oregon.