Re: Teens and Chores in Community
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:23:17 -0700 (PDT)
We only have one half time teen, who participates sporadically but
enthusiastically.  She occasionally participates with her mom during work
parties..  She participates off and on in the meal rotation as a helper, and
has been a great help whenever we try to get the younger kids involved in
cooking or crafts.  She also periodically watches the younger kids during
meetings. She and another community member made a beautiful wall hanging for
the common house.  She does not have  a regular chore, because her schedule is
erratic and her mom wants to make sure she has time for homework.
Randa Johnson
New Brighton Cohousing