Re: Moving on... those that decide to leave cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:59:29 -0700 (PDT)

Brian,

PREMIUM PRICE? Says who?

Our homes sell for market price. The difference is that under normal conditions, we usually have waiting lists and several people choose from, particularly for the smaller units.

The 3-4 bedrooms have been on the market a bit longer because many people who want that size unit, also have children and our schools are not the best -- like maybe the worst in the nation. Montgomery County is just a few blocks farther from central Washington than we are and has excellent schools. When schools are a known ingredient and cohousing is an unknown, people go to Montgomery County.

For 1-2 bedroom units cohousing is clearly seen by many as a better lifestyle than the condos around.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing,Washington DC