Re: At Home in Utopia on Indep. Lens [was: interesting show...
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:37:10 -0700 (PDT)
I know it showed up in Tucson, because a neighbor told me that she recorded it.
Racheli.

On Apr 30, 2009, at 8:34 AM, Fred H Olson wrote:

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 Joanie Connors wrote:

At Home in Utopia
Independent Lens
showing tonight at 9/10pm on many PBS stations

New York City cops in the Great Depression called it Little Moscow, but
for the 2,000 Jewish immigrant residents of the United Workers
Cooperative Colony, a.k.a. "the Coops," it was their first taste
of the American dream. AT HOME IN UTOPIA bears witness to an epic
social experiment, following two generations of residents and their
commitment to radical ideas of racial equality and rights for tenants
and workers. http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/athomeinutopia/

It did not air on 4/28 in the Twin Cities.  It is not even scheduled to
to be broadcast here yet but will be.  Nor was it mentioned on their
website yet. Independent Lens airs on weekends here. So check you local
station.

Fred

Communications for Justice -- Free, superior listserv's w/o ads:
http://justcomm.org      My Link Pg: http://fholson.cohousing.org
612-588-9532 (7am-10pm CST/CDT)   Email: fholson at cohousing.org