Re: . Re: Which appliances useful in your Common House Kitchen?
From: jehako (jehakomac.com)
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 16:03:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi-

Eastern Village was compelled by the fire marshall to get an all-in-one
range/fire suppression system. It is loud, slow to heat up, awkward to use, and
a total waste. Folks mostly cook at home, microwave, or bake.

Our 2 wall ovens are Kenmore Elite and they work well and are easy to clean.
They also come standard with Sabbath mode.

We have a large residential fridge, which is very quiet.

We have 2 dishwashers. One is a standard residential dishwasher. The other is a
small commercial dishwasher that takes about 4 minutes a load. Our events vary
in size from 6 up to 80 people, so it is nice to have clean up options.

We have Corelle dishes too. And donated mugs. And sturdy and cheap Ikea
glassware.

The laundry is upstairs and used by a lot of households - I'm not sure how
many. At least 20 and maybe 30 or more on a regular basis. We lease our washers
and dryers and cover the lease in our monthly condo fees.  (We also lease some
of our exercise room equipment.)

-Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
"Where we just allocated bike parking and we need lots more."