last call for Berkeley to Davis co-ops and cohousing bus tour tomorrow (5/2)
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 16:31:07 -0700 (PDT)
Cohousers and Cohousing Seekers in the SF Bay Area,

We thought our bus trip tomorrow was full with our local members, but
our bus just got upgraded so we have a few more spots available on
this first ever Berkeley-to-Davis tour of cohousing and aging-friendly
cooperatives, and I'd like to offer a few seats to cohousers (and
cohousing seekers) at a discount from the already-low price, which
unlike some other tours includes lunch and a group discussion with
guest speakers in the basic price.

East Bay Cohousing (EBCOHO) and Bay Area Community Land Trust (BACLT)
have partnered up to do a tour of permanently-affordable senior coops
and cohousing, chartering a bus from Berkeley to Davis, and visiting a
couple of communities, ending up with lunch and discussion at Muir
Commons. This tour includes drinks and sandwiches provided by the
well-known Genova deli, all for the low price of $60, well below what
comparable tours cost. But wait, there's more, and read on to learn
how you can save even more.

Note that this is an independent tour, not affiliated with the
Cohousing Association of the United States (Coho/US), which does a
series of wonderful tours including at least one annually from the
East Bay to Berkeley and Oakland; it's North Bay tour is two weeks
away, and we highly recommend that one, as well as the many
independent walking, biking, carpooling, crawling, and drinking tours
that include cohousing in the greater Berkeley-Emeryville-Oakland
region, which has the greatest density of cohousing neighborhoods in
the nation. We endeavor to maintain a full list at our East Bay
Cohousing website, powered by MeetUp:
http://www.ebcoho.org/

The detailed agenda is below; rather than pack in up to half a dozen
stops on an action-packed schedule, we're takin' it easy, leaving time
to connect and explore at our own pace.

BACLT consists of members of limited-equity coops in Berkeley who are
looking to create new alternatives for aging-friendly communities that
remain affordable, forever. EBCOHO is bringing in cohousing residents
and seekers from around the Bay Area.

Now here's the deal, as promised: paid EBCOHO members (those smart
folks, the serious seekers and cohousing residents in the area who
also benefit from free Cohousing Coaching and free cohousing books and
discounts on events in our office) get a $20 discount, bringing the
cost for this all-day tour down to an unbelievably low $40, less than
a meal at many fine restaurants in our nearby Gourmet Ghetto district
in Berkeley.

We'd like to extend this discount to anyone living in cohousing or
housing cooperative in the area; just click "Enter Discount Code" and
use the code LIVINGINCOHOUSING or LIVINGINACOOP, and wham, your prices
just got $20 lower. We'll check, you know, but group houses, communes,
and student co-ops count. We'd rather fill the bus with fun,
knowledgeable and curious people than pay to shuffle empty seats
around.

If you're closer to Davis, just let us know in the "special requests"
section when you buy your ticket, and you can join us there at the
discounted rate, providing your own transportation; we'll let you know
when and where to meet us.

To get your ticket, just follow the link from the BACLT website:
http://www.BayAreaCLT.org/Tour

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call at (510)
868-1627 or register via the website. If not this time, then I look
forward to meeting you at a future gathering.

Raines Cohen, community, organizer, East Bay Cohousing
http://www.ebcoho.org/

----
BAY AREA COMMUNITY LAND TRUST AND EAST BAY COHOUSING
Elder Co-ops and Cohousing Bus Tour Schedule/ Agenda
Saturday, May 2, 2009

8:30 AM    Meet at Oregon Park Senior Co-op,  Berkeley
 (address provided when you buy your ticket)

9:00 AM    Bus leaves for Davis: On-board brief presentations about
Housing Co-ops, Community Land Trusts, Cohousing, with brief clips
from the new "Visions of Utopia, part 2" DVD by Geoph Kozeny on Land
Trusts and Cohousing

10:30 AM  First stop: Eleanor Roosevelt Circle Senior Co-op,  Davis
Our host: David Thompson, of Neighborhood Partners, LLC

11:30 AM   Drive to Muir Commons Cohousing Community,Davis

11:45 AM to 12:30 PM  Tour of Muir Commons Cohousing Community

   2200 Muir Woods St, Davis

Our host: Rick Mockler, resident of Muir Commons

12:30 PM to 1:00 PM Lunch at Muir Commons, catered by Genoa Delicatessen

1:00 PM to 2:30 PM:  Panel Discussion: "Aging in Community"

Raines Cohen, moderator and panelist, East Bay Cohousing
Representative from Wolf Creek Senior Cohousing Community (Grass
Valley, currently being designed)
Representative from Glacier Circle Senior Cohousing Community or N
Street Cohousing in Davis (invited)
Representative from Muir Commons Cohousing

2:30 PM   Drive back to Berkeley

4:00 to 4:30 PM Tour of Oregon Park Senior Co-op, Berkeley

Our host: Veta Jacqulin, resident of Oregon Park
4:30 PM Wrap up of tour!