Re: USA Today Article on Silver Sage and Senior Cohousing
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 12:01:12 -0700 (PDT)
I would take the USA Today article with a gain of salt.  While there are many
families with children in cohousing, there are also many seniors, and people
who choose not to have children.  You won't find a lot of twenty somethings,
but other age groups are well represented, and there is a lot of variation
between communities.  I would not recommend multi-generational cohousing to
anyone who actively dislikes kids, but is is a great place for people who like
to make friends of all ages.

I would encourage you to keep an eye on this list, and to check out the
Cohousing Association Homes for rent section.  Most cohousers own their homes,
but many communities also have some renters. The economic downturn seems to be
increasing the number of cohousing rentals, so this is a good time to look.Good
luck!
Randa Johnson
New Brighton Cohousing
Aptos, CA