Senior Cohousing / rental / http
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 05:36:13 -0700 (PDT)
In the recent thread:
Re: USA Today Article on Silver Sage and Senior Cohousing
there is some speculation why there are "only 3 cohousing developments".

I'm not particularly enthused about "senior only cohousing" ,
I'd rather live in "general" cohousing (I'll be 62 later this month).
Any speculation on what percent of the older people interested in
cohousing want senior only cohousing?

BTW what percent of the people currently in general cohousing are over 55?

Given the low turnover rate in most cohousing, it may only be a matter of
time till current general cohousing is a majority over 55.

Rental.

In the US rental units in cohousing are not very widely available.
But "rental" can just mean someone other than the occupant owns
the unit. Are there communities that require owner occupancy?  That is
can someone own and rent a unit to someone else?  Could one's kids or a
neighbor own a unit and rent to their parents / neighbor?

Use http

Switching to list manager mode:  Please remember to use the "http://";
part of url's when you post to cohousing-L so they are clickable in the
archives and everyone's email. (so people do nothave to copy and past to
view pages).   Compare the utility of the two lines
in the archived copy of this message:
http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-l/
lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-l/

I expect the archived copy of this message to be at:
http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-l/msg29976.html

Fred

Communications for Justice -- Free, superior listserv's w/o ads:
http://justcomm.org      My Link Pg: http://fholson.cohousing.org
612-588-9532 (7am-10pm CST/CDT)   Email: fholson at cohousing.org