Senior Cohousing 2nd Edition launch party Wed 5/20 (Berkeley, CA)
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 05:58:50 -0700 (PDT)
Please join us this Wednesday, May 20, in welcoming to the East Bay
cohousing movement co-founder, author, Nevada City cohousing resident,
father, husband, and award-winning architect CHUCK DURRETT to
celebrate the launch of the second edition of his book, Senior
Cohousing (now published by New Society Press), in a rare area
appearance (ever since he moved from Doyle Street Cohousing in
Emeryville up to Nevada City Cohousing, we haven't seen so much of him
around these parts).

RSVP requested (not required) via the East Bay Cohousing MeetUp group,
please forward and tell your friends who may be interested:

http://www.ebcoho.org/calendar/10393576/

Join us for interactive discussion of Aging In Community issues and
the state of the movement in the U.S., and what Chuck learned in his
extensive research in Denmark. Meet Certified Senior Cohousing
facilitators who trained with Chuck and sign up for new study groups
forming to create senior and intergenerational cohousing in the area.

Get the book, get it signed, and meet other people (of all ages)
living in and seeking community.

Make your community vision a reality, and learn about other upcoming
opportunities and openings in Berkeley/Oakland cohousing neighborhoods
and co-ops.

The event will run about 4:30-6:30 PM (don't worry if you can't make
it at the very beginning, we'll get you caught up as soon as you
arrive and save you some drinks) at the East Bay Cohousing clubhouse
in downtown Berkeley: 2105 MLK at Center Street. Light refreshments
will be served. Optional vegan/raw food potluck dinner to follow at 7
PM, please RSVP separately for that using the link from the above
event page.

Downtown Berkeley BART is just 2 blocks away - exit via the main
escalator and walk down Center Street, and take a right on MLK, we're
on your right. Several AC Transit buses stop nearby. If you drive, be
sure to feed parking meters (they take credit cards, change not
needed) or use free 2-hour permit-parking-zone areas further west on
Addison below MLK; the lot out front is entirely reserved; paid lots
are available 1 block away on Addison above MLK.

This event is free for current paid EBCOHO members and anyone buying
Chuck's new book; we ask a $10 contribution per person at the door for
refreshments and space rental. You can join EBCOHO at the door for a
year, save $20 over the monthly rate, and get a free Cohousing
Coaching session, discounts on events, and a free cohousing book (not
including Chuck's new edition).

Raines Cohen, community organizer, East Bay Cohousing http://www.ebcoho.org/

Author, "Aging In Community" chapter in the new anthology "Audacious Aging"

Cohousing Coach - ready to help you find or co-create your community connection
http://www.CohousingCoach.com/