Re: One Earlybird rate available for Cohousing Conference!
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 08:45:20 -0700 (PDT)
The current regular registration price is $375, then $425 as that price
level sells out (getting close).

I hope somebody is able to enjoy the benefits of picking up a bargain by
purchasing these from Gwen and enjoy the trip to Puget Sound at the same
time.

The Friday Peninsula Tour is almost sold out again (we were able to switch
to a bigger bus) - so soon, a ticket on that tour will just be unavailable
period.

The guide for that tour is Tom Barr, an architect who is one of my neighbors
here at Songaia Cohousing (35 people in 15 homes on 11 acres near Seattle).
Tom went through the entire Songaia development process and is extremely
smart, articulate, has an insatiable curiosity - and lots of stories. He is
particularly interested in energy efficiency and sustainability.

Each of the three communities on this tour has quite unique stories that I
love to share when talking about the 13 built Puget Sound Cohousing
communities. I recently spoke with Neil Planchon, the Coho/US Tour Director
about them and he may be sharing more about them on the Conference tours
page (which also has links to all three of their websites):

http://www.cohousing.org/2009/tours

The tour also includes one of the nicer ferry rides in the area - many
tourists take ferries here to have the full Puget Sound experience. A very
low cost way to "take a cruise" to visit an island or distant peninsula.

At this very instant, Neil is getting today's Coho/US Bay Area Cohousing Bus
Tour going AND the Massachusetts tour is already underway. In addition, Ann
Zabaldo is helping the Mid-Atlantic tour happen. It is incredible to have
this level of activity as more and more of us help others have first-hand
experiences - a more powerful way to learn than reading or browsing
websites.

Craig