Re: A composting program at a LARGE cohousing -- How??
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:21:44 -0700 (PDT)

On May 27, 2009, at 7:05 PM, John Beutler wrote:

The main
benefit versus composting is that they are FAST.  The scraps are gone
before the rats and flies get half a chance.  We probably have a
dozen families plopping food scraps into the chicken pen (16 hens and
a rooster) and rarely are there any scraps left over.

Are the yolks orange as they are with grass-fed chickens?

I supposed on one has tested their omega-3 levels?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing,Washington DC