Friday, June 26 Seattle Bus Tour is sold out
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 06:45:07 -0700 (PDT)
So its a horse race - which of the three Pre-Conference Tours will sell out
next?

http://www.cohousing.org/2009/tours

Will it be the full-day Wednesday tour that visits Sharingwood, Songaia, and
Bellingham Cohousing ($105 for the full day)? Many on Coho-L have heard a
lot about about Sharingwood (where Rob Sandelin lives) and Songaia (where I
live) - both are unusual communities in different ways. And Bellingham has
very interesting stories - one I've heard (but not tried to document) is
that the City of Bellingham made Cohousing-specifc zoning changes. Bryan
Bowen, an accomplished Cohousing architect is your guide for this one.

Or will it be Thursday, with two half-day tours visit Puget Ridge, Duwamish,
and Jackson Place Cohousing ($60 for a half day). The City of Seattle hosts
these three "urban" communities. All have beautiful sites and similarly
fascinating stories and offer some excellent lessons for anyone considering
building, including a significant cautionary tale. Cohousing activist and
legend, Joani Blank, will be guiding this tour.

In descending order, the current numbers are:

Thursday afternoon: 80% full
Wednesday all day: 66% full
Thursday morning: 34% full

So, are you going to bet on the current leader, the City of Seattle
afternoon tour, selling out first?

Not me, for soon I'll be sending out an email to the 300+ people on
Songaia's private announcement list letting them know specifically about the
Wednesday tour - and not many know much about what's included on that
tour... heh heh

On the Wednesday tour, Songaia will serve tour attendees lunch in our common
house dining room. This will give more people that chance to learn about our
rare food program - which all residents and some of our neighbors enjoy. We
share 5 common house meals/week. Visit our 3 pantries, from which families
can also take food to our private homes (with no accounting for who takes
how much)... all for a cost of $99.50 per adult. How do we do this? Come
find out from my neighbors who love to talk about food.

Craig