ratio of least to most expensive unit in cohousing?
From: Kristi Barlow (kristibrooklyncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 06:39:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all--

Here is Brooklyn we are struggling to establish our prices so we can do unit selection next week and bring in more much needed members. A tension has emerged between the needs of those seeking the smallest units (studios) and those families needing affordable 3BRs. Because of our constraints in renovating an existing building with fixed costs and square footage, affordability for one end of the spectrum directly impacts affordability at the other. My question for you today is this: what is that spread between least and most expensive units in your community? Our pricing task force's latest work has proposed unit prices where the largest units (1250 sf) are more than 3.5 times the price of the smallest (318 sf). I'm wondering how that pattern compares to other communities?

thank you in advance,
Kristi