Re: ratio of least to most expensive unit in cohousing?
From: jehako (jehakomac.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 08:49:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hi-

I have been involved in 2 cohousing projects that did it differently. In one,
Eno Commons, the larger lots cost more per buildable area than smaller lots,
but the price per square foot to build and the HOA fees were the same for every
unit.

In the other, Eastern Village Cohousing, the cost of all units was loosely
based on the estimated square footage of the completed condo, based on
preliminary drawings. The cost per square foot was not adjusted for unit size
so it results in larger units generally costing more.   Condo fees are based on
a formula that blends square footage with a flat "just because you're a unit in
this building" component.

I should note that here at EVC, the size of a 3 bedroom unit varies from about
1000sf to over 1700sf.  That creates a large initial price differential in 3br
units. We did something similar with the 2br units too.

-Jessie Handforth Kome
Easter Village Cohousing
Where we're struggling with bike parking.