Re: Jun 14: Tour de East Bay Cohousing Tour (San Francisco Bay Area)
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:04:14 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for posting the bike tour, Neil. We've got so many
cohousing-related events going on around here that it is hard to keep
track (although I'm adding them to the community events calendar on
cohousing.org where appropriate). Maybe someday they all these great
alternative community grassroots efforts that expose people to
innovative cohousing neighborhoods can get included on the national
tours page.

For anyone interested in finding others going to this tour and
discovering other events and opportunities in SF and the urban East
Bay (Alameda and Contra Costa Counties, Alameda, Oakland, Berkeley,
Emeryville, Albany, El Cerrito, San Leandro, Hayward, Fremont, and
beyond), you can check in on East Bay Cohousing, the largest
Intentional Communities MeetUp in the world:
http://www.ebcoho.org/

Note that I will be leading a Daily-Acts sponsored a WALKING tour of
area cohousing July 12, from Berkeley to Oakland, again visiting small
retrofit neighborhoods not featured on the bus tours.

And don't forget tomorrow's carpool tour, hosted by grassroots
sustainability group Daily Acts, of North Bay cohousing with Daily
Acts, from 40 Oaks in Petaluma (a smaller community never included on
the bus tours) through FrogSong in Cotati up to Santa Rosa Creek
Commons in Santa Rosa. If you've been deterred from the bus tours by
the cost, join this one at about a third the price (BYO lunch and
transportation) - follow the link above and RSVP today.

Note that for both tours, advance RSVP is required so the organizers
can prepare and so participants can get the details.

Raines Cohen, Cohousing Coach http://www.CohousingCoach.com/
and regional community organizer