Re: Solar Eco-Village in Utah!
From: balaji (balajiouraynet.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:33:02 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Sharon,

You are absolutely right!  The UTAH VALLEY COMMONS decided over a year ago
NOT to wait until we had all, or even most, of the 40 households
committed.  As you said, some good people will not make such a commitment
until the project is further along.  Instead, we decided to partner with a
developer and seek outside investors -- and to put the infrastructure in
place for a cohousing community that will have these features:

1.  Passive solar design of all houses
2.  Single-point solar power for the entire community.  (Our own electric
utility company).
2.  Common ground-loop geothermal system for all houses (Our own
heating/cooling utility company).
3.  Residential water from our own source and treated on site.  (Our own
water utility company)
4.  On-Site waste treatment system with small package unit. (Our own
sewage utility company.)
5.  Over 40 acres devoted to organic gardening.
6.  Over 3 acres devoted to wetland.
7.  All houses built timber-frame and strawbale.

Our first ten lots will be sold at a substantial discount to the rest.
This is an incentive to early adopters.  We will be advertising very
widely once we get all the approvals in hand, including large billboards
up and down Interstate 15.

Thanks, Sharon, for understanding our vision so well.  And please do pass
the word -- we are very enthusiastic about our project, and welcome all
participants!!!

Best wishes,

Charles W. Nuckolls
Utah Valley Commons