Re: Just Move Forward! & "Pioneers & Settlers" re Solar Village in Utah
From: balaji (balajiouraynet.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:13:46 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Diana, Sharon, and All,

You grasped perfectly what our intention is, and you summed it up using
language -- "pioneers and settlers" -- that hits the nail on the head.

Endless dithering had proved demoralizing, and that is why a small but
committed group of us "pioneers" decided to push ahead with the project.
We believe the "settler" phase will begin as soon as we have secured the
entitlements for our 50 acres and begun the infrastructure improvements.
It is a risk, for us and our investors, but we are convinced that the
market is ready for a full-scale ecovillage.

It is a complex, but exciting project:  we are, in effect, establishing
our own electric and water utilities, and creating a common
heating/cooling service with a closed-loop geothermal system for 40
households.

We'll take your advise and revise the website.  The music probably needs
to go.  And we need to make it clear that we have indeed settled on a
particular piece of land.

To anyone considering us, we hope to be able to accept lot reservations
within the next few months.  We welcome expressions of interest now,
however, since it will help secure our funding for the infrastructure.

Thanks a lot, everyone, for your comments!  We are truly grateful!

Best wishes,

Charles and Janis Nuckolls
UTAH VALLEY COMMONS
www.utahvalleycommons.com