Sustainable, Green Living: Liberty Village In The News!
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:04:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all!

Another Mid Atlantic Cohousing (MAC) community makes the news. And the reporter actually got it all right this time!

Here's an article about LIberty Village Cohousing in Frederick, MD which shows how a cohousing community can have a significant impact on the larger, regional community including ALL of the Mid Atlantic because this whole area drains into the Chesapeake Bay. Which, of course, pours into the Atlantic which eventually mixes w/ all the waters of the world. (Everything is connected to everything ... oil spill in the mts. of WV ends up in the Chesapeake ...)

This article describes how Liberty Village is an example of sustainable, green living at its best and highest manifestation because it shows PEOPLE making a series of decisions to live a sustainable lifestyle.

They (the community members) continue to invest, alter, improve their carbon foot print over time. Buildings alone can't do that. Only PEOPLE working together w/ a common vision and mission can make these decisions on goingly (is this word?)

http://tinyurl.com/lub983

This is why I LOVE living in cohousing! We can affect so much so readily. I would say "easily" except I know how many meetings it takes to get to decisions like these ... :-)

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC