Cohousing-friendly financial institutions
From: ehrbar (ehrbarlists.econ.utah.edu)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:36:48 -0700 (PDT)
At Wasatch Commons in Salt Lake City, Utah we are considering putting
part of our HOA reserve fund into a insured account at a bank or
credit union which has a good track record of making loans for the
construction of cohousing communities etc.  We still remember our own
difficulties to get a construction loan in 1997.

(a) Is it still as difficult for cohousing communities to get loans
as it was back in 1997?

(b) If so, are there financial institutions which are so much better
than others that we should deposit our money with them rather than
locally?

Hans.

Hans G. Ehrbar   http://www.econ.utah.edu/~ehrbar ehrbar [at] economics.utah.edu
Economics Department, University of Utah     (801) 581 7797 (my office)
1645 Campus Center Dr., Rm 308               (801) 581 7481 (econ office)
Salt Lake City    UT 84112-9300              (801) 585 5649 (FAX)