Re: Cohousing-friendly financial institutions
From: John Faust (wjfaustgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
Actually, I'm surprised that CohoUS and/or FIC don't actually investigate,
advocate for, facilitate, implement, ... some national fund for cohousing
(or IC) development. If we think cohousing is truly a good investment and
serves both social and environmental restoration, it would be a fund both
associations and cohousing members (as well as others) should invest in.
[Clearly, one shouldn't expect the kinds of returns from another housing
bubble.]

One FIC project (Community Business Loan Fund<http://fic.ic.org/projects.php>)
seems to be a step in this direction though does not seem to be explicitly
aimed at investment in new ICs.

John