Heartwood Cohousing Phase 2 to Begin Taking Reservations on August 17
From: Mac Thomson (macheartwoodcohousing.com)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:57:58 -0700 (PDT)
It's hard to believe that it's been almost 10 years since we moved into Heartwood Cohousing and our dream of life in community became a reality. In those 10 years Heartwood has developed into quite an amazing little village. Our relationships have deepened immensely, the children are thriving, our ability to make wise decisions together and resolve conflicts continues to improve, the gardens and landscaping are flourishing, and I think it's safe to say that we've all grown individually as a result of living together in community. We are living the dream.

I don't know if it's the times that we live in or the reputation that Heartwood has developed, but inquiries about Heartwood and visits by prospective members are at an all time high. So with the community thriving and all of the current interest in Heartwood, the time feels right to move forward with Phase 2. Because there are only 10 homes planned for Phase 2, I want to set up a fair system for taking reservations for Phase 2 lots, which starts on August 17. Here's how it works:
 - Phase 2 reservations may only be held by Phase 2 Associate Members.
- To become an Associate Member, you make a $1000 fully refundable deposit. (Make check out to Mac Thomson. Send to Mac Thomson, 800 Heartwood Lane #16, Bayfield, CO 81122.) - All Associate Members as of August 17 will reserve their place in the Phase 2 lot selection queue based on the date that I receive your deposit. However, current Heartwood Members will be given first priority in the Phase 2 lot selection queue until August 17. - After August 17 any new Associate Members, whether current Heartwood Members or not, will be added to the end of the queue. - An Associate Member may receive a full refund of their deposit at any time. They would no longer be an Associate Member and would lose their place in the queue. - Sometime this fall, Associate Members will be given the opportunity to commit to full Phase 2 membership by signing a membership agreement and making a non-refundable $12,000 deposit. Terms of membership have yet to be finalized. When you become a full Member, you will hold your same place in the lot selection queue that you held as an Associate Member. You will, however, move up in the queue anytime someone ahead of you drops out. - A Member's position in the queue determines their place in line for selecting a Phase 2 lot. Only the first 10 members in the queue will be able to purchase a lot and live in Phase 2. Being at the top of the queue means that you'll get the opportunity to purchase the lot of your choice. - Associate Members who plan to share a home only need to make one $1000 deposit. Each deposit holds one place in the lot selection queue.

I'm afraid that this is all sounding entirely too legalistic, but because I suspect that demand for Phase 2 is going to be high and these will be the last lots ever developed at Heartwood, I want everyone to be given a fair chance to get in the lot selection queue. Remember, the sooner I receive your deposit to hold your place, the higher in the queue you will be.

If you're interested in realizing your dream of living in community, Heartwood's Phase 2 might be a great opportunity for you. I'd suggest you check out our extensive website (www.heartwoodcohousing.com) and maybe schedule a visit if it's been a while since you've visited. We've really grown and evolved. I've also set up an email chat just for people interested in Phase 2. To join, send a blank email to: HWP2-subscribe [at] googlegroups.com .

If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email or call (970-884-2196). Note that I will be at the national cohousing conference in Seattle from June 20 - 29 so if you try to get ahold of me during that time, it will take me a while to get back to you. Unless of course, you're at the conference, in which case, please make a point of connecting with me there.

I'm looking forward to co-creating Heartwood Phase 2 with you.

Yours in Community,
Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"Let us take men as they are, not as they ought to be."
    - Franz Schubert