Re: Meeting quorum questions
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:03:03 -0700 (PDT)
Thankfully, our bylaws, though in need of updating in other respects, essentially say that whoever shows up at a business meeting constitute a quorum.

Any actual quorum requirement only penalizes those who cared enough about an issue to do the work on it beforehand and bring a proposal, and those who care enough to attend the meeting. Issues that many members see as important draw a good crowd; issues that are non-controversial and/or that don't seem to be critical (but for some reason the plenary has to approve them) draw just a few. It's a self-regulating system.

   Muriel Kranowski
   Shadowlake Village Cohousing
   Blacksburg, VA