2009 Coho Conference Update: A long, long but exceptional day (with video to prove it)
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 00:07:49 -0700 (PDT)
Dateline: Songaia Unit #2, Bothell, Fri, June 26, 11:59pm PST

Ryan, Mandy and I just got home from the post-keynote party at the
Conference.

WOW - the keynote was really something. A lot of work by a lot of people
created a very special piece of history.

As part of the Keynote introduction, I showed a video we created to help the
main conference attendees get a flavor of the International Cohousing Summit
on Sun-Tue (June 21-23). After my intro , Grace Kim gave the official
welcome and then introduced Chuck Durrett. Chuck then introduced Jan
Gudmand-Hoyer with warm words that showed the affection these two men have
for each other (watch the video to get a sense of it as they converse in
Danish and English.

Jan spoke for about an hour, showing about 80 slides of Cohousing in
Denmark. Jan got a thunderous standing ovation. I then shared about his time
here at Songaia, where he stayed for the past week. Jan has become special
to several of us here.. the room then applauded him again. After a brief
stretch break, I introduced Coho/US board member David Entin, who shared a
poignant story about how his community, Rocky Hill Cohousing, supported some
members who found themselves with two unexpected baby grandchildren with
special needs. Grace Kim then sent us all off to PARTY.

Fred Olson asked about the documentation of Jan Gudmand-Hoyer which Coho/US
would be making available. I'm pleased to now offer you the chance to see
the video shown at tonight's keynote. It is available online on the website
of the exceptional video team that did the filming and editing. I helped
align the stars required to allow the conference documentation to happen and
provided some creative direction.

Enough words? Well, here's a chance to see what about 200 of the most
committed Coho-Activists and professionals saw about four hours ago.

http://www.withinreachmovie.com/

I hope you enjoy it - we'll get it on Cohousing.org sometime after the
conference.

Craig Ragland
Executive Director
Cohousing Association of the United States (Coho/US)
425-487-3550
http://www.cohousing.org
craig [at] cohousing.org

Please consider attending the National Cohousing Conference. Click here:
http://www.cohousing.org/conference