Fabulous Conference - Thank You
From: Mac Thomson (macheartwoodcohousing.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 06:43:50 -0700 (PDT)
We moved into our community back in 2000 so I used to go to every coho conference in the mid and late '90's as we were gearing up. Since move-in my craving for how-to-get-it built knowledge is no more and I'm generally more content to simply stay put with my family and community. With our second phase coming on line in the near future, I decided to go to the conference in Seattle and get plugged back in to the larger cohousing movement. I wasn't disappointed.

The conference was far better organized with far more offerings than any that I had attended previously. I got to reconnect with old friends, meet new ones, learn about what's happening with the larger cohousing movement both in the USA and internationally, visit five very different, yet very successful cohousing communities, gather some practical ideas to bring back to my community, share some of my experiences with newbies, and introduce Heartwood to new prospective members. I was impressed with everything about the conference.

So a huge thank you to Craig, Grace, Marilyn, Eris, Val, Kristin, Karen, Neil, Raines, Laird, Chuck, Katie, Jim, the Coho/US board and everyone else who contributed to making the conference such a smashing success.

Cheers,
Mac

P.S. With the 2010 Conference in Boulder theme of sustainability, I'd like to throw down a challenge. It always strikes me as unfortunately ironic whenever a large group of environmentalist-types use disposable cups, plates, silverware, and serving trays at their gatherings. I understand the logistical convenience behind it, but I think with some creative initiative the challenges could be overcome in Boulder and really set the right tone for a conference focused on sustainability. So my challenge for Boulder is to use as much as possible only reusable materials (and I don't mean recyclable).

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
      - Martin Luther King, Jr.