Re: Fabulous Conference - Thank You
From: Karen Scheer (karenmonkeyhouse.org)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:50:38 -0700 (PDT)
This was my first time attending a Cohousing Conference and I'd like to express my gratitude to the organizers as well. Even though I haven't been before, it was clear that there were a lot of people putting a lot of love and care into this experience, making sure that it went smoothly and improved on past lessons. Our community (Ashland Cohousing) is also beyond the "Get-it-built" phase and the "honeymoon" is over, so to speak. The conference was a great way to build connections with other communities, meet the budding professionals who are offering support, gather all sorts of useful information and inspiration from the experiences of community living "experts," and share some insights gained from our experiences so far.

Now that I've returned home, I am looking for ways to share with my community the value I received. I have handouts, notes, photos, and stories galore. Some of the conference was even video-taped and promised to be made available at some point for community use. I wish that more people from my community could have attended. Thank you to the sponsors who helped provide scholarships; I am glad to hear that this will be something that will continue next year. If there is a way to provide feasible childcare situations, I know that would have made a difference in the ability to attend for several from our community this year and will influence who plans to make the journey next year.

I am grateful to everyone who helped make the 2009 conference a reality. It was a great experience on many levels and I hope to make it to Boulder in 2010.

-Karen Scheer
Ashland Cohousing Community
Ashland, Oregon

Mac Thomson wrote:
So a huge thank you to Craig, Grace, Marilyn, Eris, Val, Kristin, Karen, Neil, Raines, Laird, Chuck, Katie, Jim, the Coho/US board and everyone else who contributed to making the conference such a smashing success.