Inquiry about Possible Policies on Renters
From: Mary Swenson (maryswensonbellcoho.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:00:13 -0700 (PDT)
I am a member of a committee at Bellingham (WA) cohousing gathering information about rental policies. The question for study is whether or not Bellingham cohousing wants to consider a policy that places limits on the number/percentage of homes that are not occupied by the owner and are rented out. We would be very grateful for any information from cohousing communities that have considered this question; what the considerations were; and whether or not the community adopted a policy or rule. If you have adopted such a policy we would be very grateful to learn what the policy is and/or to get a copy of the policy.

Thanks much for any information anyone can provide.
Mary Swenson
Bellingham Cohousing