Re: Inquiry about Possible Policies on Renters
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:18:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 30, 2009, at 10:00 PM, Mary Swenson wrote:

I am a member of a committee at Bellingham (WA) cohousing gathering
information about rental policies.  The question for study is whether
or not Bellingham cohousing wants to consider a policy that places
limits on the number/percentage of homes that are not occupied by the
owner and are rented out.

It is considered a negative if too many units in a condo are rented out. 10% is the upper limit that I've heard but it may change by area.

It might be a different case if the landlords also lived in the community and the units were built to be rented.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC