Mexicommunity
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 18:50:17 -0700 (PDT)
David Hornick sent a message a few days ago about a community he is forming in Mexico. It was a wonderfully well-written and full description of his project.

Since it sounded a little like a professional development company had written it I contacted him privately and asked him some personal things about himself -- why does he want to do this, does he ride a bicycle, is he retiring and wants companionship, what does he expect the relationship of the community to be to the surrounding Mexican population, etc.

He has responded as fully with personal information as he did with the "professional" message. He is a doctor who wants to provide free medical care in Mexico. His practice in NY state has focused on the home bound. And he has many other interests.

He wrote the fullest description of intelligent design that I've ever read. And has thoroughly researched the town in Mexico and hopes to bring some of the expatriates into the community. He found the architect in Mexico so that is why only the common house would be designed by a cohousing professional.

So if you have other questions, please ask them and ask him to reply to the list. He must be shy or something -- not common in cohousing!

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC