Re: Outcomes and Fair Housing Laws and RANT warning...
From: Greg Nelson (terramantragmail.com)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 06:51:45 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Rev. Magill

You write:
> So I am quite pleased that we are beginning to work toward having
> cohousing ads demonstrate that we are serious about overcoming the
> past discrimination in housing developments. Its a value most of us
> state in our vision, and its good to show it visibly in our
> advertising as well.

Of course we agree completely on this point.  My concern is that we
are being threatened with legal action if we advertise the diversity
that we *do* have and *do* seek.  That seems counterproductive,
doesn't it?

Greg Nelson                     email:  ghn [at] pgt.com
White Hawk Ecovillage           phone:  607-273-2576
Ithaca, NY 14850                web:    www.whitehawk.org