From Brooklyn Cohousing
From: Alex Marshall (alexalexmarshall.org)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 18:39:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, I'm Alex Marshall and I wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the list. I'm a founder of Brooklyn Cohousing. We've been working quite hard for more than two years, which includes the time getting the initial group together. Most of that time we've been working with Chris ScottHanson of Cohousing Resources, who has been our advisor and consultant. It's been a difficult time over the last year as we struggle to get the members and money to make this happen, after having put a lot of both in already. Right now we are sixteen families, and we are working to complete an $18 million project that will have space for 30 families.

I would be happy to share our experiences with anyone forming a group, or working in a group already. We have learned a lot from others, and I wanted to return the favor. I also welcome any advice or input from any one else in the cohousing universe. You can contact me off list at alex (at) alexmarshall.org