Interesting document on the history of collaborative housing in Europe
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 19:43:19 -0700 (PDT)
Today I received an announcement / invitation from the Swedish cohousing association (Kollectivhus NU = Cohousing Now) about a their conference being held in Stolkholm May 5-9, 2010. Exploring their website a bit, I found a fascinating history of collaborative housing communities in Europe (and in particular in Sweden) going back to the early years of the 19th century. I just skimmed the article but want to take some time next week to actually read this document. It occurred to me that some who read this listerve might be interest in reading the article so here's the url: http://www.kollektivhus.nu/eng/sidor/history/colhisteng08.pdf. Also, last spring because I was at the National Cohousing Conference in Seattle, I missed attending the biennial meeting of the World Association of Sexual Health in Sweden. So now I'm thinking about how much fun it might be to go to Sweden about one year later to attend this cohousing conference. Might anyone out there in the North American cohousing world think about going too?

Joani Blank
Swan's Market Cohousing
Oakland CA