Re: Cohousing as Urban renewal
From: Janet Pelletier (janet.h.pelletiergmail.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:00:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Urban Cohousers,
I would like to second Laura's request for you to send her before and after
pictures, or anything that could help with the idea of Coho as urban
renewal. That would really help those of us at Three Groves Ecovillage in
West Grove, PA. We are trying to get the word out about the Philly event,
and encourage as many of our local township officials, land planners, etc
etc to go to this event. We are meeting up with the challenge that some of
our future neighbors think an ecovillage/coho community will detract from
property values, not increase them.

In case you are close to Philadelphia and have October 10 free, here is the
link to the Symposium: http://moore.edu/event_calendar/250  and to Moore
College in general:  http://www.moore.edu/

Sorry if this has already been announced, but I am very excited about the
Symposium. Not only are Charles Durrett and Laura Fitch speaking, but also
our developer Jackie O'Neil, our architect Scott Kelly, and two local green
builders builders Tom Bath and Don Tucker.

(Laura, I'll find you at the event and introduce myself.)

--Janet Pelletier
Three Groves Ecovillage
www.ThreeGrovesEcovillage.org
West Grove, PA (southwest of Philly)