Re: Living in CO? Near Denver and Boulder? READ THIS...
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:17:30 -0700 (PDT)
Neil is sharing about a rare chance to visit seven, count-em, SEVEN
Cohousing sites in 1 day.

Not only that, but you'll hear some really interesting stories from the very
knowledgeable Bryan Bowen AND Neil Plancon. Some of what you'll learn about
:

(1) Silver Sage, a young Senior Cohousing community which is exploring what
Senior Cohousing can be in the United States. Silver Sage is located in a
New Urbanist neighborhood in Boulder, which is right across the street from:

(2) Wild Sage, an active Multi-generational community that intensively uses
their common house - this is where your tour guide lives and enjoys his
Cohousing lifestyle.

(3) Nomad Cohousing, a small Cohousing community who's common space is
located within a live event theater.

(4) Harmony Village, a community with a unique architectural theme, who
purchased water rights for a stream passing through the community to support
a thriving organic garden

(5) Nyland, one of the first and largest Cohousing communities. Their large
numbers have encouraged them to create some very effective practices
regarding the management of their abundant common resources.

(6) Hearthstone, with its attractive pedestrian pathways, attractively
finished homes, and grand common house

(7) Washington Village, a future Cohousing community which will embrace a
historic building as it creates some of the most valuable ($$) real estate
to be found in the Cohousing world

In 2006, I traveled from Seattle to take a Colorado bus tour. I learned many
things that I continue to share with my community, Songaia Cohousing as we
grow our community. In fact, just a few days ago, the topic of our kids room
came up and I sent an email to Songaia about Nyland's kids room practices.

I hope you'll consider attending, whether you are in the Denver Area AND/OR
are interested in learning a LOT about some very interesting communities.
You'll find that seeing communities first-hand is a far more effective way
to learn than reading emails or browsing websites.

I suspect that this tour, in particular, will prove very helpful as some of
you create more community in your life, whether that be from finding your
Cohousing home, developing your Cohousing group, or helping your current
Cohousing community thrive.

Craig Ragland
Executive Director
Cohousing Association of the United States (Coho/US)
425-487-3550
http://www.cohousing.org
craig [at] cohousing.org

Please consider attending the National Cohousing Conference. Click here:
http://www.cohousing.org/conference