Formation meeting in Amherst, MA
From: alex . m . kent (alex.m.kentcomcast.net)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 07:02:21 -0700 (PDT)
A formation meeting for a small cohousing community in the Amherst,
Massachusetts area is scheduled for Saturday, November 7, 2009, 10:00-12:00 at
the Jones Library in downtown Amherst.

While there are several thriving cohousing communities in the
Amherst/Northampton area, we are proposing a smaller-scale community with
around 8 units connected by covered walkways to a common house. In contrast to
other communities, individual units would be smaller than the common house
would serve a more clearly defined function as a common living room for all
members. We believe that one of the defects of cohousing