Re: Community funds for alcohol for parties?
From: Joanie Connors (jvcphdgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 07:10:08 -0700 (PDT)
It doesn't seem like much to ask to use some of those funds for wine
or beer, but you might want to place a limit on the amount spent, as
good wine or beer adds up quickly.

If anyone in your community has religious or personal issues with
alcohol, then you might do as Sharingwood does, the booze potluck.
That would also allow people to bring what they want.

Another potential issue would be whether there are sloppy drinkers in
the group and this is a subtle way that some folks are saying to cut
down the supplies.

Just curious, is it the single folks who want the booze and the
parents who don't? Is there a logic, 'since I pay for childcare, I
should get a glass of wine out of it' ?

Then you might need to have a good look at the where the money goes
and reconsider both.