Re: Community funds for alcohol for parties?
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 08:18:34 -0700 (PDT)
Some people have strong feelings regarding alcohol because they grew up with an alcoholic parent; dealing with an alcoholic in their family; etc. ie: it's not always a matter of
religious belief or an "ideological" issue.
It seems to me that if someone has a really hard time with the idea of the community providing alcohol, why not look for other solutions, along the lines mentioned by others? Why insist that the community should buy it? (It would be a more difficult issue if someone insisted that no alcohol consumption should be allowed at the
party, period.)

Racheli.