Re: Pet Policy - Can you share yours?
From: Diana E Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:55:54 -0700 (PDT)

On 10/27/2009 12:58 PM, Joanie Connors wrote:

There is no reason to allow outdoor cats in your bylaws, to not
prohibit this is to condone negligence and breaking the law (in many
towns).

This is a "religious" matter, and I'm not going to engage on a flamewar on the topic. I just want to say that you are wrong that there's "no reason". Reasonable people can disagree and any given community has reasons for its choices.

Ignoring for a moment your very arguable contention that a community choosing not to impose rules on cats amounts to that community "condoning negligence" (as if!), I will only point out that for those communities that are trying hard to sell homes in difficult times, imposing lots of rules on residents does not help!

I have given dozens or maybe even of hundreds of marketing tours, and "What is your policy on pets?" is one of the most common questions I get. And the "right" answer is invariably the most liberal possible policy.

- Diana

--
Now is the time for community........Mosaic Commons cohousing
Homes still available...........http://www.mosaic-commons.org