Cohousing and CLTs (Community Land Trusts)?
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 23:40:14 -0700 (PDT)
Is your cohousing community built (or being planned to be built,) on property owned by a community land trust (CLT)? The archives of this listserv suggest that there has been some discussion of this in the past, but it appears that most of that discussion took place in or before 2002. At this point, I'd just like to know which communities have moved forward to partner with a community land trusts Other groups want to explore this model and it would be good to get together a list of those who've had experience with it, so new groups can seek your counsel and learn from your exprerience.

Since I don't read cohousing-l regularly these days (a few may remember when I posted almost as frequently as SV does), I'd appreciate you identifying yourselves to me including contact info for you or a different contact person, the name and locale of your community and a few words about your stage of development (i.e. forming, developing/building or completed).

Joani Blank
joani [at] swansway.com
Oakland CA